YOUNG CARER PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
The role and/or feeling of being a young carer.
- Young Carers 8 - 15 years old
- Young Carers 16 - 25 years old
- Non Young Carer 8 - 15 years old
- Non Young Carer 16 - 25 years old
- The 2016 Young Carers Through the Lens Photography Competition is now closed.
- Young Carer & Non-Carer 8-15yrs winners: Up to the value of $400, a choice of ipad mini or Drone
- Young Carer & Non-Carer 16-25 winners: Up to the value of $400, a choice of Beats by Dr Dre Headphones or Red Balloon Gift Card
- The runner up prize for each category is a UE Boom 2 Wireless Speaker
Terms and Conditions:
- Entry is free.
- Any entrant under the age of 18 must have signed parental/ guardian permission.
- Entrants must be from Western Australia.
- Photographers must have the permission of any persons featured in the photo (or their parents/ guardians if under the age of 18) in order to enter the photo.
- All photographs submitted must be an original photograph by the entrant and not the work of someone else.
- One entry form must be submitted per photograph.
- Maximum of five entries per person.
- Please label your photograph entries as per the following FULL NAME, ENTRY NUMBER and 2016. Example “JANE DOE 1 2016”. For your application form please label similar however add application to the title. Example “APPLICATION JANE DOE 1 2016”.
- Each photograph summited needs to be different in regards to theming, action, role and setting. If similar photographs are summited by the same individual, Carers WA will pick one entry at their own discretion which will be submitted to the judging panel.
- Photographs taken by a mobile phone or a tablet will be eligible to enter.
- Entries must be submitted in an electronic format that is of high resolution; however file size must not exceed 10MB.
- Entries need to be received by Carers WA no later than 5pm on 14th August 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Carers WA reserves the right to not display any photographs deemed to be rude, offensive or for any other reason.
- All entrants agree to have their photo, names, a description of the photo and their young carer story used for the exhibition and any other Carers WA promotional purposes. These may include but are not limited to: exhibition catalogues, publicity, advertising, website, video footage, Young Carers WA website, Young People Who Care - Young Carers WA Facebook page. Whilst Carers WA has the right to use the photographs, ownership remains with the photographer.
- Photographs will not be sold by Carers WA.
- The photograph will not be returned once the competition has concluded. Please ensure you keep a copy for personal use.
- Entrants contact details will not be given to anyone.
- Carers WA have the ability to add, remove or modify the entry categories at any point in time.
- The judge’s decision is final; there will be no appeal process. Carers WA reserves the right to choose which photograph/s to use and publish.