Volunteering @ Young Carers WA
Young Carer Event Volunteers
Come and join our team! We need fun loving, energetic volunteers who are still very much in touch with their own inner child! Volunteers aged 21+ are required to assist in facilitating young carer social outings, activities and camps. Outings are always guaranteed to be great fun with activities such as horse riding, time zone, movies, surf boarding and much more! As a volunteer all meals, activities and transport are paid for.
Young carers are young people aged between 8 and 25 who care for a family member or friend with a disability or illness. The social activities are an opportunity for the young carers to have some time out, relax, make new friends and feel like they are a supported and recognised part of the caring community.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including strong personal boundaries
- Acting and participating as a supporting facilitator for activities and events
- Able to work as part of a team
- Fun loving and energetic
- Supports the ethos and goals of Carers WA
- Empathy and understanding of carer issues
- Working with Children Check (reimbursed by Carers WA)
- Must be able to obtain a police clearance (funded by Carers WA)
Benefits to being a volunteer:
- Participating in fun activities
- Opportunity to go places and see things you otherwise might not have
- The satisfaction of making a contribution to the community by assisting the Carers Association WA in their role supporting carers
- Opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- Opportunity to prove yourself and improve your self-esteem and confidence
- Opportunity to broaden your skill range
For more information on becoming a Young Carer Event Volunteer contact the Young Carer team on 1300 CARERS (1300 227 377) or email [email protected].