YACWA – The Youth Affairs Council of WA – and Red Cross WA are searching for five young carers, aged 16 to 25, to explore the key issues young carers currently face and design solutions, in partnership with the Project Coordinator. Candidates need to have current or past experience of being a young carer, excellent communication skills, be creative and flexible and be available to participate in all social labs and team meetings.
This is a paid casual role, at $25.73 per hour, with up to 25 hours of work involved. Five team meetings in Leederville along with 3 social labs in the Perth metro area are involved. More information on these and the role is available in the Expression of Interest form attached at the bottom of this page.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching young carer’s needs
- Documenting your own as well as other young carer’s stories through various creative methods
- Developing and designing prototypes (testable solutions) to address the main needs of young carers
Express your interest by emailing [email protected] by 12pm, Friday 7th September.
Include in your email:
- Why you’re interested
- How you meet the eligibility criteria
- What skills you can offer the team
- What you expect to achieve from participating in this project
YACWA and the Red Cross also say:
“YACWA is keen for a diversity of voices, and to include young carers who are representative of a range of groups in this project. If you identify as Aboriginal, culturally or linguistically diverse or living with a disability, then we really want to hear from you!”