Are you an eligible Young Carer?
- Do you provide care and support to a family member or friend with an illness, disability, mental health illness, is frail aged or has an alcohol or other drug problem?
- Are you aged 12–25 years?
- Are you currently studying or wishing to return to study or training?
You may be eligible to apply for a young carer bursary.
About the Bursaries
- 150 bursaries will be granted each year.
- The bursaries range from $4,000 to $10,000 for 12 months.
- The money can be spent on whatever helps you with your education or training.
How to apply?
Applications open 13 October and close on 9 November 2014. Go to www.youngcarers.net.au to find out more and apply online.
For further information and to check your eligibility please visit www.youngcarers.net.au or call Carers Australia on 1800 756 238.