Young carers aged 12 to 25 now have the opportunity to apply for one of 1,000 $3,000 bursary grants. The Young Carer Bursary Program is run by Carers Australia and more information can be found at youngcarersnetwork.com.au/young-carer-bursary or by calling Carers Australia on 1800 756 238.
Applications close on 3rd September 2019.
Who is eligible?
The Young Carer Bursary programme is for any young carer aged 12 to 25 years - in 2020 - who is studying a course provided by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- high school
- TAFE courses
- school based apprenticeships
- home schooling endorsed by an educational authority
- undergraduate degrees*
* This program considers advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees as equal undergraduate level qualifications.
The applicant cannot be receiving another bursary or scholarship and needs to be a permanent resident or an Australian citizen.
What can I use the money for?
If your application is successful, the funding should be used towards supporting you in your education or training.
This could include but is not limited to:
- school fees,
- laptops and software,
- transport and accommodation,
- respite care,
- emotional support, and
- extracurricular activities.
You are not required to provide receipts to Carers Australia.
If you are interested in applying for the Young Carer Bursary, head to the homepage and click on 'Start Application'.